Friday, June 13, 2008

End of the antibiotic and...

...A's got another cold, I think. His nose is runny, and he was cranky and clingy tonight. He wanted me to sit with him in the rocker to read books; he hasn't asked for that in months. Before bed we gave him his amoxicillin for the sinus infection diagnosed a week and a half ago, which *was* clearing up - he had stopped coughing until today. We also gave him Benadryl to help with the drip and kiddie ibuprofen to knock down any sore throat or other aches.

Every time I think he's well enough to maybe take him to go see Baby Brady, *BAM* along comes another sniffly nose. It might be time to give it up and just go alone. He really wants to go though.

Did I mention we've hired a lawn company to take aim at, I mean, care of the grass? Whatever we were doing apparently wasn't the right thing to do and it was just getting weedier and weedier, so we called in the pros. Hopefully they can whip it into some sort of decent shape by the end of the summer so that next year it'll be nicer. Otherwise a rock garden or an astroturf lawn sounds really good. Except the homeowner's association (HOA) probably forbids both of those options. At least Pirate Ninja Daddy gets to skip mowing the lawn on his days off in 95 degree or more heat, and we won't get any more love letters from the HOA because he skipped a weekend.

It might be time to take Pirate Ninja Kittycat in for another geriatric veterinary exam; her appetite is noticably increasing, but she's not putting on weight. I'm not sure if she's really eating more or if she's given up on the dry food and is sticking exclusively to wet; her teeth might hurt if that is the case. We were going to get her teeth cleaned a while ago, but she had some borderline blood test numbers that made the vet think she wouldn't tolerate anesthesia well (as in it could kill her), so he was reluctant to do it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the grass and mold count have been high. Poor kid :<

Hard to believe that Scutter is 15 years old - old girl is now entitled to soft food and a life of leisure.

Gam Mom

gardengringa said...

When Cri Cri got to that age we switched her to Gerbers babyfood- meat products- she was able to eat that without upsetting her stomach- they just slow down and eat less- poor kitty
As for A and the slide and wagon- now that would be a ride!- what a hoot- I love his thinking-