Sunday, November 16, 2008

Necessity is the Mother of Invention

This morning the Boy wanted to take his matchbox / Bob the builder construction vehicles outside to dig in the dirt, but its still very wet out there from the recent rains and I'm not feeling so great (rotten cough and sniffles). So, in a desperate attempt to keep him entertained, I came up with a Brilliant Solution.

I took a Tupperware lunchmeat box, one of the flat wide ones, and filled the bottom with rice so he'd have something to dig in. I picked rice over flour just because its easier to vacuum up if it spills. I threw in some macaroni "rocks". He's as happy as a pig in mud right now. And! all I have to do is put the lid on it and its good to use another time.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I've heard (non-instant) Oatmeal is good for that too since it's so cheap.