This is the hat for the frog prince costume for daycare. The crown was pre-made, but I cut/glued the rest of it myself. The green visor was cut out from some green craft foam -- I traced a different colored visor for the visor shape, and used round tablespoons to get the eye size and shape. The popped eyes are made from craft pompoms and googly eyes. The nostrils are made from green pompoms. The crown had a stretchy telephone cord style strap in the back to hold it on, so I positioned the green visor so I could reuse the existing strap. I glued the backs of the eyes onto the crown so it wouldn't all shift around.
The eyes started out more symmetrical but slid into a more Marty Feldman look. I think it might be cuter this way. Things aren't exactly centered either, but it gives it a certain homemade charm, right?
We have a blue cape with a fleur de lys on it for the prince's cape. A green long sleeved t shirt and green sweat pants finish it all off. I have a green hooded sweatshirt that the boy can wear if he's willing to keep the hood up long enough for people to see the whole effect. I might try to cut out some felt pieces to cover his hands and feet, but I don't want to make it hard for him to do things either.
1 comment:
Love it! you are really creative!
Mom
Post a Comment