Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Warning: This'll make you sick to your stomach

At work today, I opened a big heavy duty steel door with a larger than normal gap from its bottom to the floor, big enough to slide over the top of a small foot. I know this about the gap because I opened it right onto my foot. Even though I was wearing closed toe, leather shoes, the door managed to bend the toenail on my left big toe so much that it bled like a son of a gun. It hurt all day long, and is still a little swollen. The door edge cut into my shoe a bit as well. I'm pretty sure my toe is not broken, but *dang* it hurt. It was bad enough that I had to file an accident report.

In other less cringeworthy news, the ants in my yard and under my patio, the ones trying to invade my house!: their time is short. A pest control company will be coming by tomorrow to start getting rid of them. The stuff they are using is supposed to be both pet and daycare safe.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Ouch! My toe is hurting now! That is horrible. I hope you feel better soon. Does it hurt to wear a shoe? Maybe you can get away with wearing flip flops to work!

Anonymous said...

Did you put any medicine on your toe, I swear good old mercurichrome, geez not sure how you spell it, but you know that icky red stuff that dabs on . Anyway that stuff is great for nail injuries, cause if you get an infection under there it can be a bugger to clear up.

Hope it feels better soon.

a jeanne

Anonymous said...

so i just looked up mercurichrome to see how it is spelled , well the good news is i spelled it correctly. The bad news is its been banned since the late 1990 cause it has mercury in it. Damn. I love this stuff and I am keeping mine.

So I guess try tincture of iodine, think that is pretty good too.