I didn't expect to have to deal with this one so soon.
The Boy asked, "Mommy, where's your Daddy?" I was more than a little flabbergasted, but recovered enough to say "In Heaven. He lives with God. But Pop Pop is like my daddy. And do you know Gam Mom is my mommy, and" blah blah blah through the rest of the immediate family. I hope I did it the right way.
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
well I think you answered it perfectly for what its worth. I think it was very intuitive of Alex to put all those connections together and wonder that question... Pretty amazing for a child his age to think of anyone else except the universe of Alex ...
a jeanne
time to pull out some photos so the "boy" can see your daddy- our princess likes to list everyone she knows is in heaven- my parents, her grampy's parents - all the cats etc. She especially likes to hear stories of what my "mommy and daddy" told me or did with me and then repeats them back. Your mommy like to eat this- right ? Nice to pass on the family traditions- A. Sue
Post a Comment