Today A moved up to the 3 year old room and the "big kids" playground equipment at his daycare center. Poor little guy had a rough night last night -- he kept waking up because of post-nasal drip related coughing. He and I finally got out of bed at 5:15, after he declared "Mommy! I like you. I like Daddy too. And Scutter." We came downstairs for breakfast and to watch some "Max and Ruby" on tv.
He fell asleep in the car on the way in to the center, with his yellow knitted winter hat pulled down low over his eyes. It made me feel like a real bum to wake him up to carry him in, but it was going to be a big day. We were going to start him off in the new room, and let him spend the other half of the day in his old room. It didn't quite work out that way. He adjusted so well that he spent the whole day with the big kids.
I thought his 2 year old teacher Ms. L was going to cry; she thought she had till Monday to say goodbye, but he was invited to join "the big kids" down the hall, and off he went. Its nice to know the teachers get attached to the kids. Its nice to know they truly care. I almost cried too, because he was so eager to be doing exactly what he was supposed to do, growing and learning and moving towards independence, that he very nearly forgot to give me a kiss goodbye. As he dug into a bin of tracks and trains with one of the other (very friendly) boys, I tried to get his attention, but he was too wrapped up in the joy of new toys. I kissed him on the head and started to walk away. Then I heard "Mommy!" He came flying to me. "You forgot my kiss!" he said. I kissed him and squeezed him tight, told him to have a terrific day, and sent him off to find another piece of his future.
The teacher Ms T sent home the following report:
"A had a wonderful day. I built a train station with two of my new friends. I took a walk around the big boy playground. I helped Ms. T make my cot and I took a good nap!!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A's new adventure reminds me of the song that goes, "where are you going my little one, little one? Turn around & you're 1; turn around & you're 4; turn around and you're a young man going out of the door." Sad but so exciting! I would love to clone each age - they are all so special and short lived.
Good job A!!!! Good job Mommy!!!!
Gam Mom
AUNTIE C GOT ALL TEARY READING THIS BEAUTIFUL STORY. THEIR LITTLE LIVES PASS SO QUICKLY AND BEFORE WE BLINK, THEY ARE ON THEIR WAY TO NEW ADVENTURES.
BRENNA WAS FOUR YESTERDAY. HER SCHOOL HAS A TRADITION OF THE CHILD CIRCLING THE EARTH FOR EACH OF THEIR YEARS. SO BRENNA WALKED THE AROUND THE EARTH ( I THINK IT WAS PAINTED ON THE FLOOR) FOUR TIMES. WONDERFUL AND PRECIOUS MOMENT!!!!
I ENJOY YOUR BLOG
AUNT C
Post a Comment