Wednesday, March 5, 2008

rain, rain, go away

A big storm came through last night, with lots of wind and rain. Power went out at about 1:30am, and wasn't restored to our house until 9:30 or 10. The daycare lady's power was out too, but hers wasn't restored until later, so A and I hung out together all day, and Pirate Ninja Daddy was here some of the morning too. We all went to a nearby Friendly's for breakfast. I think it must be where some retirees get together for their weekly breakfasts, because several tables were filled with old men discussing politics and their most recent doctor's visits. A couple of them tried to discuss entertainment, but were shouted down by the I don't listen to anything but the radio anymore because "television is all aimed at liberal 18 to 35 year olds" (I kid you not, one old guy really said that part about the liberals.) Then we went to a lab and had A's blood drawn for a routine lead level test (mandatory because he is in daycare.) He was a real champ about the blood draw, he didn't cry or anything. He also had a good phlebotomist; she's taken my blood before and I barely felt it, so I know she has the knack.

A new dvd was delivered to the house yesterday, one that A saw at the new daycare lady's house. It is a Disney singalong DVD, "Disneyland Fun, It's a Small World". Kiddo sang along with it quite happily. I think maybe we might try to get down there next winter sometime. Nothing is set in stone though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In reference to the breakfast club of old men - it is ok to grow older but not old! Old is a bunch of grumpy, grouchy men and women. But listening to their conversations can bring a smile to the face and a 'thank God I'm not one of them!'

Peter Pan aka Mom