Sunday, November 8, 2009

Another busy busy weekend

On Saturday we went to TWO birthday parties. Two rounds of cake and ice cream! One party was for a child in A's class, the other was PopPop's birthday. The child's party was at a place called Jump!Zone in Columbia. Although the kids had a blast, I think I like the gym based parties better. I kept losing track of where A was, because he was zooming around from bounce-house to bounce-house like a deranged mosquito. Note the blazing eyes in the following photo...




After two hours there, we drove to PopPop's house. A was confused. "The party is at his house? How come its not at a gym?" :) He played very well with cousins T & B.

(Photos courtesy of Grandmom)








Sunday, we went to the grand opening event at the new Lego store at Arundel Mills. It was a madhouse, a maaaadddddhhhhhoooooouuuusssse! Tons of people jammed into the space, all to get stuff you could just as easily buy online. I was hoping for the free lego figure, but the process you had to go through to get it wasn't worth the trouble. A Master Builder was there giving away free kits if you could answer his trivia questions. How many years of school do you have to complete to be a Master Builder? Is that an engineering degree of some kind? One thing I did notice in the store were new Lego Architecture kits -- they had the pieces and plans necessary to build lego replicas of the Empire State building, the Guggenheim museum, and Wright's Falling Water. Pretty cool. We would have done other stuff but A got tired. His dad carried him out of the mall, and he fell asleep in the car.



This is him building a Lego kit tonight. His dad is helping him, but isn't in the picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tha tLego set looks like an all nighter! But I am sure Daddy and Son will complete it!