Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What the Hubby Wrote to an acquaintance

...My son, who's nearly 4, is into anything Lego Star Wars: Lego Star Wars on the Wii, Lego Star Wars web game, and of course the actual physical Legos of Star Wars people and things. After two smaller sets, then finishing up the 430-some piece X-wing a couple of weekends ago, we brought home the Republic Tank on Saturday and he was eager to get started on it. All 799 pieces. Of course, our construction activities usually follow this pattern: "Daddy, I want to work on the [currently: tank]." We then go to the repurposed Thomas the Tank Engine table and I begin pulling out pieces for the next step. I invite him to help me place some of the pieces, but he spends most of the time flying around the tank frame with the minifigures 'on board.' He's also mixed and matched hair, helmets, etc. from the minifigures. One change staring on today was that Mommy played the role of primary assembler (the Republic Tank uses 10 pieces just for a foot - and there's six feet!).

So, between working on the tank Saturday afternoon and evening, and helping him play the computer games, I didn't get much SOM time - but I did have an enjoyable time.

No comments: