Friday, April 11, 2008

Crankenstein Monster

A is home again today. Last night he woke up coughing and didn't go back to sleep for almost 3 hours... he was up, so I was up, and we're both seriously sleep deprived right now. To be blunt, I'm grumpy and not thinking too fast, and he is being a tantrum-my, cranky 27 month old with a cold. I couldn't send him to daycare like that, but I'm not too thrilled with having to deal with him in this mood when I'm not feeling very patient. I have Mary Poppins on the tv right now. He wanted Cars, specifically the short "Ghost Light", but I'm sick to death of it, so I put on something different. He whined about it at first, but he's chilled out some and is eating raisins and enjoying the music now. He got a kick out of the penguins dancing with Bert. The nice thing about this movie is that there aren't any scary parts in it, and I haven't seen it a hundred times in the past two weeks.

PirateNinjaDaddy will be home a little after noon so that I can go to work. I have maybe 22 hours of vacation accrued, maybe 3 days of personal leave (out of the 5 I get for the year), and 2 floating holidays that I can use. I'm trying to hold on to some of it so that we have a chance of having some kind of vacation this year, but its not looking good. I'd *really* like to just crawl back into bed when he gets here and catch up on my own missed sleep, but that's not terribly likely.

All I know for sure is that little mister is getting an early lunch and a dose of benadryl to help with the coughing. Maybe he'll do another 3 hour nap like he did yesterday. I won't benefit from it but maybe PNDaddy won't have to deal as much with the Crankenstein monster, and maybe Crankenstein will go away and let a more rested, more reasonable, and much happier little boy come back to the house.

No comments: