Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Cruising along

A seems to be doing okay in his new daycare situation. He's still fascinated by the big balls and the steam on the ride over and back. Tonight we made cupcakes and sang and danced to Laurie Berkner music.

Last night we had a big scare. The neighbor across the street has a son "C" about the same age as A, and the two are becoming friends I think. Anyhow, C's dad has a bike with a tow cart behind it for his son to ride in. He offered to take C and A together for a short ride. I figured it would be okay. Then some part failed on the bike, and the cart wound up overturning. A was on the bottom of the pile and got all scraped up in spite of the roll bar and the netting between him and the road. I'm just glad it wasn't any worse, because it really could have been bad. C's mom is 7 months pregnant with #2, and both of us busted butt running down the street to grab up our kids. One of the people in the neighborhood is a nurse, and she happened to be passing by, so she ran over too. Both kids are basically ok, they just got scared and scraped a little, but it scared the crap out of me at the time.

I think its going to be a while before I let A ride anywhere in anything with C's daddy, unless I go all geek engineer mom and safety check the whole rig top to bottom first. I know it was just a freak accident, but my confidence is shaken for now.

No comments: