Today we interviewed yet another daycare provider. I don't think we'll be going with her, primarily because she ferries kids to and from school and I think A has a hard enough time napping without being woken up to go get some kids when school is out for the day. However if he had a vote, I think he might have chosen this place. There were school age boys who thought A was very interesting -- they were playing with him, making him laugh, laughing at his expressions (but not in a mean way), showing him where the trucks were, that kind of thing. Then there were the dogs. Three dogs to be exact. A beagle, a lab, and a lab-rottweiler mix. A was totally smitten. He could have laid down right there and been happy for the rest of his life (or at least the next 15 minutes) if just one of those dogs had been with him. I've been holding off on getting a dog for a couple of reasons -- I'm afraid he'd accidentally hurt a puppy, or that the puppy would gnaw on him, and they'd get off to a bad start. My cat is an old lady, and she is finally allowing A to pet her -- she's not running away in fright anymore! I'm afraid a dog would send her over the edge. Plus, it'd be nice to get A out of diapers and not have to worry about training a dog -and- a boy at the same time. But he's destined to have a dog. Its written all over him. He just loves them silly. He cried and cried when we left -- he wanted to see the doggies.
For the record, he says he wants a "little yellow dog" that will "play with ball" and "chase".
So if any of you people with dogs want a little boy to come over and run them ragged, let me know. We'll set up a play date. Just ignore the unhappy sobbing when its time to go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That picture brings up a lot of memories of A's mommy and her first dog. Dogs are something special!
Post a Comment