
A is more and more a little boy and less and less a baby lately. Today he voluntarily stayed upstairs by himself because "I playing!" and he didn't want to come down with me and Pirate Ninja Daddy. He was perfectly safe, and we checked on him often, but it was weird not having him clinging to my thigh! He's also very clearly and unmistakably telling me "I want..." "I like..." "I don't want..." and "I don't like..." which is making life a whole lot easier. And the cat is letting him pet her now, if he doesn't chase her, so that lesson is finally getting through too!
We went to the mall today, and got A's hair cut so he'll look sharp for his birthday. He also got new shoes (fire engine sneakers just like the old pair) and a pair of hiking boots that were on clearance ($14 for a brand new pair of stride rite shoes!! Woot!) We ate lunch at Rocky Run and played in the germ factory in the middle of the mall. Then we got in the car and A fell asleep within 5 minutes of being strapped into his seat. We hit BJs (PNDaddy hung out in the car with the sleeper) and came home.
Another interview with a daycare provider tomorrow morning. Right now contestant #2 (cats, hermit crabs, nice play area in the yard, very clean and bright daycare area) is winning.
1 comment:
What a great and horrible time - my little boys are growing up! Wish you could keep them at each age and go back and visit when you need a fix. Look forward to the little boy stage and all of the adventures.
Post a Comment