Thursday, January 17, 2008

Today We Are Two

PirateNinjaToddler (or is it PirateNinjaPreSchooler now?) turned two today. He woke up and yelled for his daddy, but I was the one who went in. He looked at me and said "No, Mommy, you go! Want Daddy!" That cracked me up because he usually says something along those lines to his Daddy. I released him from his crib and he went off in search of the Daddy. I asked him if he knew what today was and said "Its your Happy Birthday!" We came downstairs and he saw his Happy Birthday banner hanging on the fireplace and some presents and he was happy.

GamMom and Pop Pop spent a good part of the day with him, but I came home early because of the inclement weather. Actually, the road home wasn't so bad, but the other drivers sharing the same road were terrifying. My timing was poor though, and I got home just in time to overexcite A and keep him from going down for a nap. I commented on the big Thomas the Tank Engine birthday balloon that had appeared in the family room. A said "Pop Pop bought it!" Mom said that when PopPop gave it to A, A said "Thank you! I love it!" What a polite kid!

This evening we put some cupcakes on a plate (one for each of us) and stuck two candles in it for him to blow out. We'll be having a very small family party on Sunday morning/afternoon, so he'll get a big cake then. We very carefully sang Happy Birthday (and didn't make him cry!!) and then it was bedtime. A bath, jammies, and 3 books later, Little Man was out cold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alex is a delight that is for sure.